Groundbreaking for The Alabama Fallen Warrior Monument at Veterans Park Trussville
On Saturday, December 11, 2021, at 11 a.m., the City of Trussville will have a groundbreaking ceremony at Trussville Veterans Park to kick off the construction of The Alabama Fallen Warriors Monument.
Tuesday November 9, 2021, the Trussville City Council voted unanimously to approve the construction for a State of Alabama Fallen Warriors Monument to be built at Veterans Park in Trussville. This Fallen Warriors Monument will honor the sacrifices for all Alabama Military Service Members who died during the War on Terror. See pictures next page.
Since September 11, 2001, 226 Alabama military service members paid the ultimate price for our freedoms.
- 116 were Killed in Action
- 110 died non-hostile deaths
- 4 military service members killed in the Pentagon plane bombing
- Army Navy Air Force and Marines
- From 18-year-old Privates to 54-year-old Colonels
- Covers all 67 counties of Alabama
The goal is to dedicate the AFWP Monument on Memorial Day May 30, 2022. The Alabama Fallen Warrior Project, founded by Mark Davis, US Navy Veteran is a 501c3.