Many legal matters are considered civil matters. These would include buying or renting a home or apartment, divorces and custody cases, wills and probate issues, and bankruptcy and other financial issues. See below for resources regarding civil matters:
- Self Help - Alabama Veterans Legal Guide
- Free Veteran Legal Clinics
- Volunteer Lawyers Program - 1-800-857-8571
- Legal Services of Alabama
- Alabama State Bar Lawyer Referral Service (Fees May Apply) 1-800-392-5660
Common types of criminal cases include DUIs, possession of a controlled substance, domestic violence, assault, and theft/robbery. See below for resources regarding criminal matters:
The information provided is NOT intended to be nor should it be interpreted as legal advice.
This information is solely intended to provide resources to veterans and their families who may be in need of assistance.