To obtain a Veterans Distinctive License Plate, a veteran in most cases must first obtain an affidavit from an Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs Veteran Service Office (VSO). The affidavit will state the veteran’s eligibility for the license plate. Veterans should hand carry to the VSO a copy of their DD Form 214, deployment orders, or signed letter from unit commander verifying service along with a valid driver  license for verification. Veterans will present the affidavit to their County License Office for the distinctive license plate. Veterans can call their local VSO for more information about the Alabama Distinctive Military/Veterans License Plate Program. To find your nearest VSO, visit the Veterans Service Office Locator Page for contact options.