The Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs, 34904 State Highway 225, Spanish Fort, Alabama, is now accepting applications to fill one (1) vacant General Laborer position at the Alabama State Veterans Memorial Cemetery.
- Completion of the eighth grade.
- One (1) year of general laborer experience required – two years of grounds keeping experience and gardening work (preferred) .
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain and make routine repairs to such tools and equipment as ground maintenance implements and power lawn equipment and mowers.
- Sufficient physical condition to perform the manual labor associated with the gardening and lawn maintenance. Must be able to lift at least 100 pounds.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Participates in planting, watering, spraying, trimming, sodding, and mowing work on lawns, shrubbery, gardens and walks.
- Removes dirt, rubbish, leaves and other refuse; performs repairs on lawns, lawn facilities, walks, streets, and parking areas.
- Keeps records of time worked, materials and equipment.
- Assists in the burial of human remains.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16,989.00 to $22,840.80 /year
To apply – Complete the state employment application detailing your experience (particularly grounds working) and forward to cemetery. Completed application should be mailed to:
Alabama State Veterans Memorial Cemetery
Attn: Tony Ross 34904 Alabama Highway 225
Spanish Fort, AL 36577