THE ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, an equal opportunity employer, announces recruitment for a Public Information Officer.
The Public Information Officer for the Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for managing and coordinating the internal and external communications and public information programs for the department. The PIO also coordinates, collaborates, and disseminates information to Veterans Service Organizations at the state and local level. Other key responsibilities and duties include developing a media plan, coordinating press interviews and media/public events, managing the department’s website and social media platforms, responding to media queries, producing and editing photos and video, preparing public briefings and other public information forums and products.
Mandatory eligibility requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, or a closely related field.
- Two to five years recent experience in private, government sector, or military field of public relations, public information relations, journalism, or communications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Clean driving record (last three years).
- Military service preferred.
- Graduation from a certified course of instruction in government public affairs/public information (such as Defense Information School or equivalent) highly preferred.
Anyone meeting the above qualifications and interested in applying for this position may do so by forwarding a completed state employment application along with their resume and a portfolio of their past public affairs related work such as news articles, presentations, social media products, newsletters, photographs, graphics created and/or videos edited, to the Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs NLT February 26, 2021. You may call ADVA Headquarters at (334) 242-5077 to have an application mailed or emailed to you.
< Job Type: Full-Time